Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 334

I now owe you five posts. Here's the first.

In the continuing saga of "Sprouts On My Sill," I have good news.

Spruce sprouts!!!



Aren't those swirly cages fabulous? My sister used to have a pair of earrings like that...twisted gold cage with a peach colored bead inside.

Those twists are days ago. Now, they've popped the seed pod off the end and spun out from there. First they were windmills, as seen below (with the zinnias next to them--the tiniest zinnia died last weekend).



Now, they're umbrellas turned inside out by a fierce gale with all the fabric torn from the frame.

I don't have a picture of that.

Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I love the delicate little cages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some sprouts just like those in my clogged rain drain whatevers. so many leaves get stuck in there it makes for a nice bedding for whatever sprout that. i took pictures. guess it's time to clean them. rain gutters. not always fond of them.

    are they trees

    ReplyDelete