Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 322

After bowling on Saturday, Tonya and I went to a local Irish pub that was having live music all day long.



Here, the crowd is singing and clapping along. Or at least the woman in the lower left is.

It was a good time, though very smoky (I have since washed all the clothing I wore that day), loud, and dark. Walking out into the very overcast day was almost blinding.

Can you tell I'm not really used to going to bars?

The sheer amount of kelly green and Irish kitsch going on in this place was staggering. Not just beads and face tattoos and shirts. Giant hats. Grown men dressed as leprechauns, complete with fake red beards, stripey socks, and shillelaghs.

In this midst of all that was this man who looked as if he was just stopping for a pint of an evening at his local Tipperary pub.



This man made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment