Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 309

And I'm a day behind again. So sorry.

Okay, so I'm walking down the trail, just meandering, when a flash of color catches my eye. The sun was falling through the trees just right to make this bunch of dead leaves glow from within.





Wasted and forgotten, they've been hanging from this branch in the tangle of underbrush yards away from the trail. I'll bet no one has ever noticed them before as anything more than background blur for the picture of the woods as a whole. But the sun wanted me to see them.

Moments like these remind me that there even in the most unexpected places, beauty is waiting. That no matter how insignificant or passed over or lost in the crowd something is, it still has worth if we pay attention.

I don't know about you, but that's an encouraging thought for me on days like today when I feel like this bunch of dead leaves.

I am cheered by anthropomorphization.

No comments:

Post a Comment