Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 326

My friend Adam and I went hiking on Tuesday evening. More pictures from that trip at some point (it's been a busy week! My picture backlog is huge!)

When we emerged from the woods, we said our goodbyes and got back into our respective cars to drive home.

I waved, got in, started my car...and realized there was a little piece of folded paper on my lap.

It was a fortune. From nowhere. I don't eat Chinese food and I don't even like fortune cookies. And yet, there it was, sitting on my leg as if it had fallen from the ceiling.

So, somewhat bemusedly, I opened it.




I can only hope that this inexplicable fortune knows something I don't. Unfortunately, I suspect the star of riches is shining on me only to taunt me that it has all the riches and silver and gold have I none.

And I still don't know where it came from.

1 comment:

  1. What!? That's crazy! I love your interpretation too. :)

    p.s. was your hike with your friend Adam and my friend Adam? I miss that kid, I haven't seen him in years!

    ReplyDelete