Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 316

Last year I bought little $1 seed kits from Target.

Today, during my break time, I planted them.



Sometimes things take me a while.

You can't quite tell from this picture, but each pot is about two inches tall. The pot in the foreground will be several teeny spruce trees. The terra cotta pot in the back holds ten little zinnia seeds.

I'm hoping to get at least one sprout that lives to grow from each pot. I've never had much success growing things straight from the seed. I like to buy completed plants from the nursery so that they're already flowering and I have a much smaller chance of killing them dead.

Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

  1. I've never had luck straight from seed either until we started using the boxes with the greenhouse tops, do you know what I'm talking about? You could try covering your pots with some plastic wrap, it might help.

    ReplyDelete