Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 325

Do you remember a week or two back when I showed you my newly planted work windowsill? Day 316?

At some point Tuesday morning, I looked up and...



Sprouts!!!

Soon, those three (of the ten seeds I pressed into that soil) tiny green bits will be zinnias!



I also learned something: the germination of a zinnia seed is shorter than that of a spruce.

Either that or none of my spruce seeds took. One or the other.

So we'll see what further happens. This week has been the first sunny run they've had since the day I planted them, though, so that's bound to help. Right? Although the fact that it's two days later and I'm seeing neither spruce things or any more zinnias doesn't bode well.

Still! Sprouts! Tiny green lives on my windowsill!

No comments:

Post a Comment