Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 306

Sad story:



Those flowers are from the first garden of my own I've ever really had. It was a garden of pots and plants on my balcony, but it was lovely and full of flowers and I kept everything alive until they stopped blooming or the frost killed them off, whichever came first.

These dainty, impossibly blue mini-delphs were some of my favorites. I brought a sprig or two to work to brighten my desk and they dried beautifully. So I kept them in a tiny pitcher vase I bought in Ireland as a reminder of that wonderful year. And so they were...until last week.

Last week Josh (he of the orange juice adventure below) was in my office. And for some reason unbeknowst to either of us, he decided to throw a pen. At my desk.

It hit the flowers.

The flowers shattered and scattered.

And I was sad.

Josh felt really bad.

So he made me a new blue flower.




He's also promised to try to stop throwing things in my office.

2 comments: