Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 329

It's Debbie's birthday!

This morning she emailed me and said, "Hey! Wanna go to lunch!" I, of course, was more than happy to do so. I like spending time with her, you see. Plus, birthday!

We had an awesome waitress. When we ordered, I asked if they did anything special for birthdays--Debbie's not shy like I am, you see. Twelve people singing to her? No problem!

But it's a little mom and pop kind of place. Not really a big "Balloons and Singing!" kind of place, so I wasn't really expecting anything.

Sara the waitress sat in the seat next to Debbie and sang "Happy Birthday" to her right there.

After that we certainly weren't expecting anything ELSE. Sara'd already gone above and beyond in a place that clearly doesn't usually do this sort of thing.

Then our food came. And right there on Debbie's olive burger:



A candle. And not just any candle! One that burns with green flame! Seriously, I did no color correction on this picture.

Sara got a couple of big tips. Because of her sheer awesomeness.

Make a wish, Debbie!



It's no firestorm, Matt. But it was pretty darn cool.

Happy birthday, dear Debbie! Happy birthday to you!

1 comment:

  1. Just want to say that that is one big pile of olives. Looks like an olive sandwich.

    ReplyDelete