Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 327

Every St. Patrick's Day my friend Debbie and I go out for dinner and celebrate. I can't quite remember when the tradition started but it's been at least six or seven years for sure.




We get each other cards. We embrace the wearing of the green (even though, yes, we're Protestants). We try to find a new place to sup.

This year our plans changed literally as I was driving to her house. I drove past a place that said, "Live music tonight!" on their marquee. And when I called for specifics, they told me there was already a band playing--and there were bagpipes coming up. Yeah, there was no debating. Bagpipes? Oh, yeah!

We got a table outside and, as it turns out, front row seats for the strolling Irish band.



And the food was delicious, too. From the bread



to my chicken etc. sandwich



to Debbie's steak.



And during the meal, the band played. Just for us.



I think the look on the guitarist's face there. She was saying to the guys, "Are you ready? You sure? Cause heeeere...we...GO!"



Now, I want to point out how well this picture illustrates Debbie's commitment to theatre. Because if you'll notice in the blow up below, there's not actually any food on that fork.



But it was important to demonstrate the enjoyment of music over dinner!

I love Debbie so. :)

This was one of our most fun St. Pat's celebrations ever. But there was one major disappointment.

The bagpipes never showed.

*sob*

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say something about how thrilled she would be to have an eating action shot, but apparently that was the plan. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete