Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 276

I am not a cake person. I don't really like it. I can force it down, unlike brownies (which are disgusting--and yes, I know, there's something wrong with me), but I don't enjoy it.

What I LOVE, however, is when cakes become works of art. Creativity gets me every time.

Vicky brought in cake for her birthday treat. She was going to make a shamrock, but opted instead for the state of Michigan. And it's awesome.



My favorite part is the Grand Rapids symbol. Beautifully done!

And I had a piece. A small piece, but I couldn't resist rewarding the cleverness. This is what was left at the end.



By the end of the afternoon, there wasn't much left. People had very carefully cut around the GR logo, not wanting to be the hand that destroyed it. Just a bit of the mitten was left.

And it looked like PacMan to me. So I took the logo and gave it to PacMan for an eyeball.



I have a confession to make.

I'm a dork.

2 comments:

  1. You don't like cake or brownies?

    I still love you. I've missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like cake or brownies. Or most desserts, really. Which is a shame because they're so PRETTY! I'm always wooed into thinking I'll enjoy something because of the pretty or because it smells good...and then I take a bite and...bleh. Sweet. Bleeeh.

    Unless it's cheesecake.

    Mmm... Cheesecake...

    ReplyDelete