Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 258

Steph got me a rental car so that I could come home from Iowa. I love rental cars. They're so...new!

It was supposed to be a Ford Focus "or equivalent." The counter attendant started flipping through her pile (literally) of keys and said, "Well, I've got an HHR or an HHR." I chose the HHR. Which does not feel equivalent to a Focus. Bigger! Though for some reason they made it with kind of tiny windows and there is a seriously awful blind spot on the driver's side. The mirrors compensate for it, but it's still a bit nervewracking.



It drove me through sun and snow, day and night, and got me safely home--despite the fact that the driver's side nozzle on the wiper fluid didn't work at all. Which I found out during lake effect snow. On the tollway. I had to get off every twenty miles at the oases and wash the windshield again. A mile and a half later I'd be leaning over trying to see out the passenger's side. Goooood times.

Still, not bad for a car from Georgia. He's so not used to this kind of weather, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I love rental cars. It's fun to drive a new and different car. I've not been in any Hurrrrrr's.
    Apparently Clayton county is where the Atlanta airport is. No I have nothing better to do than look that up.

    ReplyDelete