Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 244

My sister lives out in the country on...some number of acres of land. 9, maybe? Anyway, out back off their deck, they've set up bird feederage. The sheer variety of birds that visit is incredible. I counted seven identifiable varieties hanging out at one point--and that's not all, by any means.

There are blue jays and cardinals and sparrows and woodpeckers and several other kinds I wasn't sure of. I even saw (and heard! SQUEE!) two hawks circling over the nearby woods, though I'm pretty sure they weren't after the bird seed.

I never could get outside to take good shots, though. They kept flying away when I opened the door. Silly birds.

Cardinals!



Cardinal and two other birdies!



I would have tried to get better pictures, but I thought I was going to be at the house a lot longer than I actually was.

No comments:

Post a Comment