Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 255

Saturday after New Year's, I started my trip home. And you can't go to Michigan from Iowa without stopping at the Iowa 80 truckstop. It would be utterly wrong.



After all, it's the world's largest truckstop! It's even been featured on a Travel Channel special.



I mean, I didn't even need to get anything there. But I couldn't NOT stop. So I drove in, took some pictures, and got back on the road.

It just wouldn't have felt right to drive on by.



Somewhere in Illinois I looked up and my jaw dropped. The moon! Was huge! That unnervingly close, takes your breath away, dwarfs the buildings nearby kind of big.

I was trying to take a picture. While driving. You can see just how successful I was (and this was the best shot). The size of it also doesn't really come across. But you believe me, right?



Right?

3 comments:

  1. I would totally stop there.

    Which one of those things is the moon?? Is it the thing that looks like an orange peanut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...right above the green sign for Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eep! I wanna go! I just watched a thing about that truck stop on TV! Actually it had a bunch of truck stops on it and was called "Extreme Truckstops" or "Weird Places Jen Needs to Visit"

    ReplyDelete