Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 277

Pretend this is last Friday. And if you're one of those people who only visits once a month or so, pretend you never heard me admit this wasn't posted on the day it should have been.

This is my scarf. My scarf is long and colorful and goes beautifully with my bright red coat and almost anything I wear underneath said coat.



And it always reminds me of Jody.

Lo, these many years ago, when she was still living in Muskegon and I was still in GR the first time around (before the Iowa years), I went out to visit her. Somehow we ended up at Goodwill. I'm sure we were there to score cheap books, but I found this cheery accessory in a bin.

It cost me all of a dollar. The whole '80s fashion thing wasn't in yet; we were still in the midst of the early '70s redo. The '80s were still laughable (as, I feel, they should mostly continue to be). So no one else was interested in this scarf that made me smile.

And I started getting compliments on it from the first time I wore it.

Also? It keeps me very warm.

1 comment: