Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 301

I was lounging about in my bed, awake, but not yet ready to emerge from beneath the covers. Staring at the ceiling, daydreaming, letting my mind wander from place to place, rehashing the last dream I remember...you know, being lazy on a Sunday morning.

And then...wait. What the...? Did I just hear a turkey?

I flung the covers back and hurried to the window.

Not just A turkey, dear reader, but a whole flock.



Things like this are precisely why I bought a camera.

Check out the two tom turkeys, tails unfurled!



After a few minutes, they slid down the hill into the woods beyond, one by one, the dominant tom bringing up the rear.



And then they were gone, leaving only their tracks behind.



Have I mentioned lately how much I love my apartment?

No comments:

Post a Comment