Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 279

Sunday was a lazy day. I read a book by Gavin deBecker on safety (if you haven't read The Gift of Fear, please do so now) and then a book on Typhoid Mary, capping off the day with a reviewing of Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (thanks, Holly!).

Somewhere in the midst of all that, I looked up and there was a very rotund little sparrow bouncing about BuddhaGator. "Why, hello, darling fat chirpity!" I called to her.

She was cozying up to his side, chirping at him, scratching her beak on the railing. She came back a few times and stayed a bit each time, which leads me to hope that she thinks my deck would be a good place to build a spring nest, what with the built in gator-guard for her eggs and all. (As always, click on the picture to make it bigger).



Either that, or she fancies my cement gator fella.

Awkward.

3 comments: