Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 298

Today I had no picture. And I despaired.

Then I found myself on The Pioneer Woman's website, reading a post about Stephen Shore, a rather famous photographer who celebrated capturing the banal. And I thought, "Hey, I'm surrounded by that!"

The sun was shining through my office window and I looked at the corner of my desk and saw my shot.



I played with it, trying to see if I'd like the contrast of black and white.



Hmmm...I believe I prefer the color version.

I love the negative space here; it makes the light the focus, rather than the objects receiving it.



And with this shot, I think I like the black and white more.



Then there's this shot. The final capture of the session. I don't know what it is about it, but I find this utterly charming.



Somehow my attempt to capture utter banality turned into a few shots I really love.

1 comment:

  1. Um, kismet...I've been reading pioneer woman photography posts to, as of late...now to actually get out and start using my camera! :)

    ReplyDelete