Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 287

These trees make me happy in a way I can't really express.



I've been wanting to post these since last fall, but I just never got around to it. I don't know why. I love the shot below with a mad passion, but while I could see what I wanted to do with it, I just don't have the program (or the knowledge) to accomplish it.



While it's completely gorgeous--at least, to me--there was just something missing.

I was fiddling today, and I tried several things. And here's what I discovered: I'm normally a color person, the more vivid the better. But this shot? Somehow it just came to life in black and white in a way I never expected.





*happy sigh* I'm in love!

3 comments:

  1. I miss that bright yellow too much in the B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last three days of leaf shots have been a really wonderful reminder of the non-winter world. It's weird how easy it is to forget what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was with you when you took this picture... makes me want to come home.

    Amy M.

    ReplyDelete