Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 216

Somehow, even though I've taken the commuter train in from Dune Park before, I never quite connected that to the fact that it's a park on the shores of Lake Michigan. Late Saturday afternoon, Cindy and I headed to the park. Unfortunately, I'm used to the sun setting between 5:30 and 6--in her time zone, it goes down an hour earlier. So instead of having an hour or two to play around and take winter beach pictures, we got there right at sunset.



I suppose I wasn't all that disappointed. It was quite beautiful. And look how the setting sun lights up the scene.




Shooting into the sun was really spectacular as well. Even the smokestacks down the shoreline took on a dramatic persona.



I hope you can see the dogs in this shot. Luna the weimeraner is on the left. She was the one who saw me from afar and raaaced down to say hi, completely ignoring the shouts of her people to stop and come back. Charlie the cocker spaniel is the blur on the right. He'd been swimming and was wet and coated in sand. Much more polite was Charlie. He greeted me happily when they all drew alongside. He wagged his tail and licked my hand and leaned up against me with great friendliness as his humans told me what a cranky dog he was. "Not a fan of people, our Charlie," they said, as he panted cheerily up at me.

I love dogs.

2 comments: