Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 212

Every Wednesday morning, I sit in this conference room and I stare out the windows. I'm so thankful for glass walls and tree views. (Sometimes other people lower the black shades and I get neither sun nor view. But on this morning, no one else was around and I didn't even have to turn the light on!)



I'm often distracted by squirrels or trucks going by behind me or customers entering the bookstore across the lobby. But most often, I'm distracted by the sight of this tree.



Believe me when I tell you that the picture above captured the angle, but not the experience. Somehow from where I sit, the morning light hits the leaves just right to make them glow in gorgeous jewel tones of perfect green against the blue sky. In the fall, the leaves transform into an incredible mix of gold and blush that look every bit as inevitable and perfect against the rich blue background.

This is closer to how I see it.



It's both invigorating and restful to be able to turn my head and see this view.



Yellow! Rose! Green! It's sheer decadence.

No comments:

Post a Comment