Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 199

I do not have one of those jobs that make me happy to go to work each day. Someday, I hope to, but that's not the current reality. It's a good job, don't get me wrong, but when I haven't had enough sleep (Why? Why did I wake up at 3 in the morning?!), it's not a place I really look forward to spending my day.

So I pulled into the parking lot this morning, five minutes late, already a little grumpy. And then I turned into the parking space--and realized I was facing a frosty wonderland. The rising sun was lighting the crystalline weeds like klieg lights spotlighting the prima.

I tumbled out of the car and raced to get to the best vantage point. In those thirty seconds, the light had shifted just enough that I couldn't quite get the shot I wanted. If I'd been wearing jeans, I would have crawled through and shot this from the other side--might have been better. I hate when you just can't capture what's in your mind's eye--or your eye's eye, for that matter.

This one comes closest.




And this one I just love for the sheer drama of its clearly manipulated self. (The contrast is allllll the way up).



I'm still sleepy, but I'm not really grumpy anymore. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I love that even though you were 5 min late you still took a picture. I feel the same way about work.

    I really love those and I love the way you manipulated the second one!

    ReplyDelete