Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 210

I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday. There, I rediscovered how warm and rich the scent of pine is. Great swathes of it were twined in wreaths and garlands and laid loose over several tables, ready to be made into whatever you like. I remembered how charming I find branches of winter berries, so red it seems impossible. There were pears and apples and brussel sprouts by the bushel and basket.

And not only did I not buy a single thing, I completely forgot to take my camera.

I debated about getting it and going back through, but decided against it. And then I saw a father and daughter walking toward the stalls. I thought, "I'd love to take their portrait!" but I'm afraid I'm just not brave enough to burst out of my car and ask someone if I can take their picture. Which is when they stopped for dad to chat with an older woman he clearly knew. And the little girl waited impatiently to get moving again. So I went creepy stalker and took her picture through the windshield. Yeah, I'm awesome.

She had beautiful dusky skin and thick blonde hair and that fantastic sense of style that only children and a few very secure adults seem to have--the "if it makes me happy, I'll wear it" kind of confidence. Leopard print and stripes? Why, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment