Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 198

My best friend is pregnant. She's had baby fever since she was 15 and now it's finally happening. And I could not be more thrilled for her!

Yesterday morning they had their first ultrasound/sonogram/whatever you call it. She sent me links to the four shots they took (proving, to her great relief and despite her husband's hopes, that it is NOT twins) and I promptly picked out my favorite, printed it out and taped it up over my computer at work.



Look at the cute, wee thing! I think it looks cuddly and squishy, like an amorphous stuffed animal. little stubby arm buds, ring of adorable tentacle like thingies for feet, and, if you stare long enough at it, the sort of woeful frowny look of a baby lion cub around the mouth. (Try clicking it to make it bigger. Maybe you'll see what I mean.)



See? Right above where the chin is, there's that sort of upside-down v shape and then a line that goes up to what could be a little nose fold? No? Just me? Okay, then.

Amy noted that if it had long ears it would look a great deal like her favorite stuffed animal, Bunny. If I had a picture of Bunny, I'd post it for comparison. For now, you'll just have to trust us.

ETA: Yay! Bunny picture from Amy!



Congratulations, Amy and Andy!

6 comments:

  1. It totally looks like Bunny!

    I cannot wait to get pregnant! I have baby fever.

    Yay AMy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I was wondering what the bunny picture on fb was about Amy! Kasey, you are such a good aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mel! It helps that this is the closest I'm ever going to come to being an ACTUAL aunt. Heck, it's probably the closest my mom's going to come to being a grandma--somehow, she's not satisfied with the dogs and cats Steph and I are willing to give her for the purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave ultrasound pictures taped to your office walls and people might start to talk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually thought of that--which is why it's hanging over my computer and not over by my phone where everyone can see. Because that's how rumors get started.

    ReplyDelete