Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 190



I don't know these people. I've no idea what their names are, what they do, if they have children together, if this is a second romance for them, if they have pets. Yet I feel like we became, if not friends, acquaintances this past Sunday. They were my companions on the trail we hiked around a nearby lake.

At first I led the way, but my incessant picture taking would give them time to pass me. They'd wander further down the trail and I'd come up behind them, tromping determinedly a little faster than their speed. They'd pause and he'd point something out in the woods, giving them the excuse to let me pass. I'd move purposefully along and then spot a mossy log or mushrooms on a tree or a swan and I'd screech to a halt and take a few shots. They'd meander by me just as I was taking the last couple of frames, so I'd have to take a few more in order to let them pass. And then the whole dance would begin again.



We weren't, by any means, the only people on the trail. Several families were out for Sunday hikes. The one below amused me.



Can you see why when you click on the picture?

Well, here, why don't I zoom in for you?



Not everyone enjoys hiking, it seems. But, by golly, "you'll enjoy the outdoors if I have to carry you, young man!"

Parents can be awesome.

1 comment: