Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 209

A while back, I thought I'd experiment with a little product photography. It was an experiment both fun and frustrating. I had plans! Ideas! And very few of them actually worked out as I'd dreamed. But I was pleased enough with a few of them.

I love this lantern! And I love how here, instead of the candle flame it's supposed to contain, the sun itself is the light it holds.



I wore this ring as Amy's maid of honor in April. I wish the purple had come out in all its deep richness here -- it's really quite striking -- but I'm afraid the orange overwhelmed it a bit. The bronzy-gold looks nice, though.





I love this necklace. I bought it at the same time I bought the ring above at a little shop outside Chicago. There were several necklaces that wanted to come home with me -- and believe me, I wanted to give them a home -- but I just couldn't say no to this one. It's so dainty and woodlandy and the kind of thing that the fairies of my youth would have worn.







I've just realized why this entire post reminds me of John and Heidi--it's all connected. The lantern was a Christmas gift from said friends and they took me to the shop (their "favorite store!") at which I bought the jewelry.

Thank you both for being constant contributing factors to lovely moments in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment