Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 202



I love these shoes. These shoes first came to me as my mother's contribution to my trip to Ireland. (Technically, she sent me money and I found the shoes, but I totally count that). They turned out to be the best choice I could have made for international travel--super simple to slip off and back on at airport security gates.

With these on my feet, I stepped on my first foreign soil (not counting Canada), traipsed over mountains, down beaches, and across fields, climbed onto (and fell in love with) a small plane, danced through an ancient stone circle, and wound my way into a claustrophobic ancient tomb.

Since then, with their sparkly panache, they've taken me several thousand other places, and allowed me to comfortably see a million other things.

Including this lake from this dock on this glorious day.

I love these shoes.

2 comments:

  1. God I loved Ireland. I want to go back. I can almost smell the fresh air again.

    I need those types of shoes for our New Zealand trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skechers! I recommend them. And they have very flexible soles (I think they're technically bike shoes), which is wonderful for me--I like being able to feel where I'm going. But some people need a sturdier sole, so they may or may not be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete