Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Update

Many of you who stop by here already know this, but for those of you who don't, I may be a bit longer away than originally planned. Not quite sure yet. On the day after Christmas my mom and her husband were out walking the dogs on my sister and brother-in-law's land when my mom stepped on a sheet of ice and fell.

It might not have been so bad, but there was something wrong with her femur--they're not sure what just yet, but they suspect it's a bone cyst--and she has three breaks in her thigh. For the past few days she's been mostly immobilized in the hospital waiting for surgery because this is a very dangerous break--lots of sharp stuff near potentially bleedy stuff.

I'm in Des Moines with her, I'm supposed to go home tomorrow morning. We'll see.

That's what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment