Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 238



Today I went and picked out new glasses. I don't really want new glasses, you understand. However, mine are five or six years old. My prescription hasn't changed, but as you can see, the metal is not just flaking off, it's coming off in layers.

Also, I had lots of money left in my flex account to use or lose by the end of the year. New glasses it is!

I tried on probably 30 pair of frames. I wouldn't have tried on so many--probably--but the nice lady there kept handing another to me when I didn't seem completely sold on any given pair. And I wanted to tell her, "Please, just let me browse on my own; this will be far simpler." But she was trying so hard!

I did narrow it down, took pictures of me wearing the four I was left with, and narrowed it down further to two. And realized one was a pair of Coach frames and one was by Valentino. Oy. I have expensive taste and I wasn't even trying! This happens a lot, mind you. My tastes far outstrip my spending ability.

Mom, you'll be happy to know I did NOT get the most expensive pair. I got the pair that was $10 cheaper. *grin* (And I would have gotten them anyway).

Come the beginning of the new year, I'll have Valentino's riding around on the bridge of my nose. And these long-time friends will be put away.



So long, old frames. I'll miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Love the style of the old ones. Classic.

    Valentinos! Wowza, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete