Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 220

Two or three weeks back I had to buy cat meds on Amazon. Oh, but I wanted that shiny free shipping deal that comes with a $25 purchase! I cannot resist its siren call. So I bought myself an early birthday present: a two-volume set of Folklore encylopedia.

My ways are not your ways, my friend.

Last night I spent much of the early evening reading through the second volume. I was trying to focus my unwieldy personal statement with some clear career goals and while I certainly did that, I also got sucked into several extraneous entries.




Sometimes I have niggling little doubts that I'm not going into the right field for me. Then I'll pick up a book like this and get thoroughly entranced; what's more, I get giddy. And I feel better.



Want to know the best part? Because they're mine-all-mine, I got to underline things!!! I drew stars in the margins! I made notes like, "Quote El-Shamy's observations on ego-involving in cultural transfer."

I'm going to be beyond bummed if this doesn't work out.

1 comment:

  1. Very, very interesting. What career are you going into?

    ReplyDelete