Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day Thirty-Seven

Last night I had cooking experiment night. First on the agenda were kale chips. Chips made by baking kale. They turned out...okay. I like the idea, but as it turns out, cooked kale (even baked) smells a lot like cooked spinach. That's not a good thing.

I made it about halfway through the chips I'd created and they weren't bad. Very crisp and melty on the tongue. But after that halfway point, they weren't good, either. So the rest of them went into the trash. Next time I'm going to try a slightly different recipe and see if that helps.

Nonetheless, the baking process brought out some really gorgeous stained glass effects in some of the leaves. The picture doesn't do it justice.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should. :) I've had a recipe for turning garbanzo beans into crunchy snacks for over a year now. That's what I'm trying next. Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image would go perfectly with my poem about a leaf...called leaf...here's the link:

    http://themanisapoet.blogspot.com/2008/07lleaf.html

    -Michael T

    ReplyDelete