Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day Thirty-Nine

Last evening, I was doing a little Christmas browsing (yes, in June) on my favorite random grassy expanse.




Suddenly, I hear what sounds like cadence calls. It sounds like it's coming from just across the road at the giant movie complex. Which can't be right, can it? I peer through the trees and sure enough, there's a mass of people in matching t-shirts running purposefully as they call out. But that's kind of a random place to be running en masse. Is it a track team? There are a bunch of high schools and colleges in the area, after all. Or could it be one of the movies filming in the area? I jumped in my car and went searching.

And I found them streaming into a storefront.




What's that building they're heading into? Why, it's the:



It all makes sense now. As does the poor girl doing sprints up and down the sidewalk there, trying not to run into people. She was being TIMED.

No comments:

Post a Comment