Monday, June 29, 2009

Bonus post



My friend Melissa added a new link to her photo blog: I Heart Faces (click on the button above to head to their website and check out all the fun pictures yourself!). I, being the photo junkie that I am, clicked on it "immediately and to oncet."

It was thusly that I discovered their weekly photo contest. This week is all about wedding bells. I would have linked straight to my original entry of this picture (which can be found here ) but it also includes a picture of tulips and two pictures is a no-no. So here's a brand new entry with just Amy's lovely, contemplative face. I love the quiet of this moment before the ceremony.



For those of you who don't know, I don't have Photoshop so there's not much I could do with this picture--for instance, I can't take out the bits of tape on the walls. So what you see is pretty much what you get, folks! :)

4 comments:

  1. This calm moment is brought to you by XANAX! Helping nervous brides everywhere.
    I'm glad I got ready in the choir room where there are good memories of my dad practicing and putting on his robe for church singin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture!

    You don't need to have photoshop - there are great free programs out there like GIMP and Picasa and others (just so's you know)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great photo that tells a story... without even reading your comments, I could tell that it was taken before the ceremony. Very quiet and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of both GIMP and Picasa, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything about them yet. Thanks for the reminder!

    And thanks to you both for the compliments. It really does mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete