Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day Fifty-Nine

My cats are very different from each other.

Yesterday as Amy M. and I were leaving for lunch, my apartment manager called and said, "Yes, you should move the cats for the spider death spray--they need to be gone an hour." Problem? My car was in the shop.

Wonderful Amy said, "Sure!" to picking up the cats and driving them around while we were off to lunch. Thankfully, she has three cats of her own so she knew this would involve much yowling and complaining. Mostly from Tabitha; she's very insistent.

When we got to the deli Amy went inside to order while I waited in the car with the kitterses. The car has stopped moving, the air is on, everyone's fine and comfortable--and it is thusly we can see their personalities emerge.

Hamlet figured out pretty quickly that we weren't going anywhere anytime soon. So he curled up and got as comfy as possible--just chillin'.



And then there's Tabitha. She continued to make sure I knew that just because the car was stopped, just because things were dandy, didn't mean she wasn't still displeased. "Mmmrrrow!" "Hey!" "Seriously, pay attention to me!" "I'm so opressed in this tiny, tiny torture chamber...woe, WOE is me." Note: there was a lot of room in the crate. She's just being squishy here so she knows I can see her in all her misery.



Though she was also the one who scarfed down the chicken bits from my delicious sandwich. Hamlet gets a little carsick and wasn't at all interested. Actual misery versus overdramatic kitty.

4 comments:

  1. I was never a big fan of cats; dogs have been more my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs, too, but I can't have them in my apartment. I would also have a horse, maybe a bear or two, a couple of different kinds of snake, a hawk and a falcon, various sea critters, an otter, a few domestic rats...

    Yeah, I'm pretty much an animal fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the picture of Hamlet who was suffering in silence and making the best of it. He is my kind of cat.

    amy m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think any of our cats would be chill like Hamlet. I like his ear poking out.
    Also, if Andy had his way we would have bears, large cats... I can't remember them all so we'll just say many zoo animals. "No, they will rip our faces off!" sez me.

    ReplyDelete