Friday, June 12, 2009

Day Forty-Seven

Today's post was inspired by a Facebook list. You know, "25 random things about me," "iPod answers to life's questions," "20 things I've never told you," lists like those. The list I happened upon was "15 books that have changed your life," or something like that. The idea was to name the books you'll always remember, that had a significant impact on you--good or bad.

I filled out a list, knowing it would be incomplete. I mean, fifteen? That's it? That's about .00000000002 of the books I've read in my lifetime. (Forgive my math skills; I'm going for "extremely tiny fraction metaphor" here).

So I went a gatherin' and put together a set of fifteen books. Some of these overlap with the list I made yesterday, some are books I looked at and went, "Oh! Duh!" This is by no means an exhaustive list -- it's missing any Agatha Christie, for one thing -- but it's a nice cross-section.


No comments:

Post a Comment