Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 156

Vacation: Day One

I had me an unexpected little three-day weekend last week. Friend Megan's boss offered her the use of his family's cottage up North in Empire, Michigan. My fancy practice GRE originally scheduled for Sunday was cancelled so I took Friday off and off we went!

I'd just like to say thank you to the person (or persons) who invented the scenic overlook. This one was about 45 minutes from our final destination. It was beautiful from the parking area, but then there were all these stairs, you see. Weirdly spaced, too shallow stairs that messed with my normal stair perceptions of climbing and made me stumble. Still, the very fact that they existed argued for a still more stunning sight from their top.

It was worth the climb, even on the demon stairs. Don't you think?





If you want to get a closer look at a boat or a seagull or people further down the shoreline, this little guy is happy to help! (If you look carefully, you can see me reflected in his coin slot area).

No comments:

Post a Comment