Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 136

The world is full of evocative things. The Volkswagen Beetle is inarguably one of the biggest. It's a classic, reminding even teenagers decades removed from the car's heyday of the flower child, the free spirit, and the most adorable form of German engineering. Or, if you're my generation, Herbie the Love Bug. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

So when I drove by this bug, taking in the late afternoon rays, I didn't try very hard to resist getting a few shots.



He's a charming old soul, clearly put out to pasture, enjoying his sunset years watching the rest of the world drive by.



Slugbug red, no slugs back!

3 comments:

  1. Where was this picturesque bug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over on Leffingwell. On the east side of the road (otherwise known as the right if you're heading to Meijer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding!!! It looked like it was on a dirt road. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete