Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 134

Have you ever noticed the incredible variety of leaves? There are broad leaves and narrow, compound and simple, serrated, lobed, and a thousand other fascinating variants. And when they come together, they can create the most beautiful tapestries.



There is art to be found in their patterns.



Soon my camera (and, so, this blog) will be filled with the blaze of autumn's glorious turning. And I love it. But there is extravagant beauty at any time of year if you only pay attention.

3 comments:

  1. That second picture in particular is amazing. You seem to wander around outside a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you! I was rather pleased with it myself.

    Wandering, yes. As often as possible, not as much as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's brushstrokes are all around us. Strange how we always try to imitate it, and everything we create is bland by comparison.

    ReplyDelete