Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 119

Last week, I took Tabitha to the vet. She'd been limping and growling at herself when she tried to shift around. Crappitycrapcrapcrap.

So I shoved her into the carrier--a task made far more difficult by the not wanting to exacerbate whatever injury she had and the fourteen extra limbs she grew during the process--and we went (yowling) to the vet.

X-rays were had. And, oh! the indignity!



I mean, seriously, how is a lady supposed to maintain any kind of dignity in that situation?

The long and short is that she definitely has arthritis, for which she'll have to take a supplement for the rest of her life. And she may have a broken patella. But for now, she's on pain meds (Shoot! I forgot to give her a pill this morning!) and powder supplements and both beasts are on short rations in an effort to take them down a few pounds. For which they love me.

Good news, she's limping less, seems fairly happy (except when I shove the pill down her throat), and I got out of the vet's place with x-rays, examination, 3 months of supplements and 25 pain pills for under $120.

I love my vet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment