Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 100

It's my 100th day of this project! The day I switch to digits instead of spelling the numbers out! I'm only twenty days short of being a third of the way through! I feel like I should be beaming with pride, jumping up and down, shouting, "Commitment issues? WHAT commitment issues?!"

Instead I'm grumpy. Not about this--I am actually quite proud of this blog and the fact that I've managed to stick with it every. single. day. It's just that one can't always plan one's moods around the milestones. They're impressive. They're there. I'm grateful and I acknowledge them. But maybe I'll appreciate it more tomorrow.

I've never been good at celebrating the right numerals anyway. 16 and 18 weren't the birthdays I was thrilled to get to. I was in love with 17. And then all my friends had their "quarter century" crises. I had mine at 28. It seemed more dire than 25.

So today, I'm not in the place to geek out at one hundred. Yesterday I thought I would be, but the reality of today is different. And you know what? I think I'm okay with that. Tomorrow will come. With it may come another theme week. "Scenes from my past" or "Birds!" Who knows?

Today? Today is about calming my spirit and remembering that no matter what melancholy adulthood brings me, there's no tonic like the simple, giddy elixir of a swingset.




2 comments:

  1. Swings!

    And congrats! I'll just be non-grumpy about your 100 day mark for you! Good job on getting this far and great job on all your pics. I'm so happy you did this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good, sturdy set of swings. (adult sturdy I mean)

    ReplyDelete