Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bonus post



This week is nostalgia week over at I Heart Faces (click on the button above to see all the nostalgic shots!) and I struggled with this one. So many of the pictures that make me nostalgic don't have faces in them. They're shots of moments that make me wistful or make me laugh or -- just recently -- make me wish I had a daughter of my own to share them with.

But them's the rules. A face must be visible in the shot. I can't really argue with that, given the name of the site. I really, really, REALLY wanted to enter the picture of Josiah on the swing from last week (day 112); alas, when I looked more closely, he's looking away.

So now I'm torn. Through a heroic effort, I narrowed my choices to two--and that's where I got stuck for a long time. I think I've finally decided, though.




Even though the picture of Bianca and her dandelion bouquet (see day 32) is adorable (and I love that she's missing her front teeth!), I chose this shot of my dear friend Cindy at Dun Aengus. I love it because it really captures what she was seeing at the time--both the scenery and the wonder.

Where's the nostalgia factor? Well, since I was a little kid I've wanted to go to Ireland. It was the one place I knew I had to get to before I shuffled off this mortal coil. And, thanks to Cindy, I finally got there a couple of years ago. There's something about the fulfillment of a life's dream that makes you simultaneously euphoric and nostalgic.

4 comments:

  1. I miss those sunglasses bunches! I wondered if you were gonna use this one for this week's challenge. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone! (I could have sworn I replied to Bunch of Barrons earlier, but I must be hallucinating).

    Stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete