Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 102

Birds of Our World: Day One

(This theme may not last a week. After all, though I do live in a city with enough countryside to support herons and hawks and geese and all manner of interesting birdies, though I have a hummingbird occasionally visit my balcony, I also have a point-and-shoot camera that only zooms so far. So most of pictures are of the more common bird varieties and there aren't as many as you might think. We'll see how far this takes me).


Dancers in formation.



The stars are waiting in the wings for their cue. (Pun not entirely intended). The speckled top bird there was, I thought, the prettiest of the flock, clearly the prima.



Ah, the loveliness of Tchaikovsky's "Seagull Parking Lot." Can't you hear the music?

3 comments:

  1. Very if-Degas-photographed-seagulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can't help but wonder what that particular peice of music would sound like.... hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the golden colors in the first two shots.

    ReplyDelete