Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 110

Flights of Fancy 1*


If I were a fairy or, say, Thumbelina, I would never be able to resist this deliciously lovely nest of a flower.



The filigreed tendrils curled protectively over the charming resting place inside just beg a tiny being to make it their bed for the night. And what fairy lass could resist waking up being surrounded by the jewels of dew glittering in the early morning sun? (Click on the picture for a glimpse of spider web).




In black and white, the green loveliness turns icily beautiful--no less fit for a fairy queen, but less rosy-cheeked and more cooly elegant, this one. Maybe a queen with a bit of menace or several minions.






*[This might turn into a theme week--or it might just be something I pepper in when I feel like it.]

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea - to post photos every day for a year! Will you stop after a year, or just not post every day?
    I loved looking through what you you've posted --- especially the recent post with photos taken after the storm. I miss big storms and summer rain showers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't really take credit for the idea. Apparently it's been around for awhile, but my cousin (project365jen over in the sidebar) turned me on to it. I'd like to keep it going after the year's up, but when I've met my goal, my attention span may wander away.

    I'm glad you've enjoyed looking around. Stop back by any time. (I haven't made that melon granita yet, but it still looks delicious!)

    ReplyDelete