Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Seventy

Saturday was a very full day. My sister was visiting and my cousin came over from Lansing for the day. We did ever so much. Farmer's market, fireworks, Hoopla, Sonic, all sorts of things.

Oh, yes. And we made ice cream.

First, toss your ingredients into the mixer. Feel free to guess at quantities and flavorings and order.



Next, plug in the machine and give up on talking or hearing for the next half hour or so. (If you're Steph, you can go take a nap in a different room during this process). When the machine makes some really weird noises and seems to be broken, your ice cream is done!

It comes out looking like this:



Absolutely gorgeous. My sister mocked me repeatedly for how completely enthralled I was by its utter pure whiteness.

Finally, dish it up and top it with whatever tasty things you have handy--though I recommend not too much. You want to let the deliciousness shine through without getting overpowered. I chose the fresh strawberry goodness purchased at the farmer's market earlier in the day.



And it was good. VERY good. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. My ice cream maker kicks ass because it doesn't require salt and ice! No, I don't know why I don't use it more often.

    ReplyDelete