Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 355

Wait...what?

Day 355?

But that means I've only got ten days left in my year! *panicpanic* I'm not ready! I haven't taken all the pictures I want to! I don't have plans for a party celebrating my enormous achievement! I have a huge backlog I still need to post!! I...I...ahhh!

I need to calm down.

Ten days. Wow.

Okay, to celebrate, I'm going to share a couple of my favorite pictures from last weekend's road trip to Kansas City. We stopped at a number of rest areas and I kept wandering off to take pictures. And having to run for the car when everyone was ready to go (only steps behind my cousin Jen, who was also wandering far afield for pictures).

These are two of my favorite rest stop shots.




I can't get enough of the texture of this tulip. Every wrinkle and weft is so clear and lovely in the sunlight. Click on the picture to blow it up and get the full effect.

And then there's what may just be my favorite picture of the whole trip. Maybe. I don't know. I just love everything about it. I took a lot of shots I was very happy with, but this just makes my heart gladden somehow. It's so...cheery and morning light and hopeful and brave and ... you know, pretty.



I just realized both these shots got saved as daffodils. Which is quite obviously not true. Apparently yellow = daffodil is my new Pavlovian tic.

No comments:

Post a Comment