Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 352

The tulip trees are blooming!!





Every year I see them and think, "I should take a picture!" And every year, they're done blooming before I get around to sneaking into a stranger's yard to do so.





This year I snuck into a public garden instead. I did have to park illegally to do so, but not a single other car went by while I was there. So I didn't feel too guilty.




If I ever actually own my yard, I'm going to join the Arbor Day Foundation and get my ten free trees. I'll pick the flowering tree selection (at least during the first year) and hope that said collection includes at least one tulip tree in my zone (wait! No, the "Wild Bird Garden" package, because that does include a tulip tree!). And that a Japanese maple or two slip in the shipment accidentally.

Arbor Day isn't until the 30th of this month, but why not start celebrating now? It's only $10 for the year and you get trees!

3 comments:

  1. You can take pics at my house tomorrow. I have one of those trees in my front yard! No trespassing needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you join once when we lived at the big house? Hmm. Also, will definitely be planting tulip trees when we buy. Down here they have just finished blooming.

    ReplyDelete