Friday, October 22, 2010

In her shoes

I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now. I'm...not. Instead, I'm here, sharing a pair of shoes with you.



These are not my shoes, though I'd love to have a pair of my own. These shoes (and the feet inside them), belong to Brianne Celeste, a 14-year-old friend of mine. She and her shoes came along to ArtPrize when I visited Michigan a couple of weeks ago. Heavens, it seems longer than that.

I can't decide if the charm of the shoes rubbed off on their owner or if they've been imbued with her spirit. Whichever direction it went, there was just something about these shoes that stole every shot they were in.





They remind me of her, in a strange way: intelligent, bright-spirited, a little diffident, solidly supportive, and unexpected.



Kickin' shoes. Awesome owner.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me want a pair again. Me and C could get a matching pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you have a super cute plaid pair at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, you've been updating like mad - I'm behind! Love the shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete