Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blaze of glory and all that

I don't just love fall because it signals the cessation of summer's heat. Nor just because it's nostalgic, bringing to mind the start of the school year (and the actual start of school this year) and the memory of new clothes and new class kleenex boxes and new things to learn. I don't just love it because I know the apples are arriving and pumpkins and hayrides and all that goes with.

I love it because it's gloriously beautiful...far more so than my camera can ever capture.




My name is Katherine and I cannot live without beauty.

6 comments:

  1. "My name is Katherine and I cannot live without beauty."

    I like that. It's like your intro at a Beauty Addicts Anonymous group or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I knew that wasn't coming out right. Like how every year on the school supply list, we'd have "Kleenex" so that all 15 or 20 kids would bring in a box of tissues and we'd have enough to go through the year. There was always this giant stack in the supply closets. I don't know why that's such a fond memory for me, but it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Don't think I ever had that on a supply list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, every time I see this title, Bon Jovi plays in my head. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how different the composition of this photograph is from the typical "fall color shot"! Well done.

    ReplyDelete