Sunday, July 21, 2013

I am taking a break from writing that I've been hired to do in order to do a little post on here.

In other words, I am procrastinating.

I've only recently realized that I didn't take advantage of having a photo blog to post what may be one of the best photo opportunities one could have. Last summer, I went to Europe for three weeks. And I took many, many, MANY pictures.

Don't worry, I won't post them all, especially since most of the people who look at this site are also Facebook friends with me and have probably seen them already.

That said, I have to share just one picture with you tonight. It is of a place I didn't know existed until I was doing my trip research, looking for cheap places to stay, that sort of thing. One of the islands in the lagoons of Venezia is called Murano. It's quite a bit less expensive to stay there, though you do have to take the waterbus to get to Venice proper. This is a rather large bonus for me, not a hardship. More time on the water? Don't mind if I do!

I went. And I fell madly, deeply in love. I'm not sure I've ever given my heart away to a place so thoroughly, and I didn't even decide to do so. It just...went. Whoosh. There goes my heart. And there part of it stays.

I'm writing a story set here with the working title of "Venezia." Someday, I hope it will be published and you'll get to read it. Until then, though, I'd like to offer you a picture of Murano from one of their beautiful bridges.


Be still, my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment