Monday, April 27, 2009

And so it begins...

About a year and a half ago, my cousin Jen (project365jen in the sidebar) started a project: she would take a picture every day for a year and post it. Her photography has improved and she's gotten some incredible and very creative shots simply by being forced to practice daily.

Inspired by her example (and by my long-overdue purchase of a digital camera), I've decided to do the same. I'll never be a professional photographer, and I'm just fine with that. But I do absolutely love to take pictures.

These first few days will be filled with cheating...or rather, I'm going to post a bunch of retroactive pictures, so pretend I actually started the blog a couple of weeks ago. I'll try to intersperse them with newer pictures as I have the chance.

Oh, yes, and the web address is due to my best friend's husband. I have a Panasonic Lumix. Pronounced Loo-mix. He is amused to call it my lummox camera. Hilarity ensues.

Comments are welcome and suggestions/assignments will be seriously considered.

2 comments:

  1. I was just going through people's blogs and stumbled upon yours and I think that this is a good idea for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph! (When your comment first showed up, I actually thought it was from my sister, who's also a Steph).

    You've got a lot to catch up on if you're going to go through the whole thing, but welcome! I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete